Wine in Moderation is a wine industry non-profit association that aims to establish guidelines for responsible wine drinking, on the basis that wine can be fully appreciated only if it is drunk in moderation.
Wines of Chile has been the national coordinator for Wine in Moderation since April 2014.
As a prominent player in the wine industry, Baron Philippe de Rothschild Chile supports this initiative to promote a sustainable culture of wine that inspires a healthy and active lifestyle.
What is moderation?
To enjoy the best wine has to offer:
- Choose to make informed and responsible choices
- Choose whether or not to drink
- Choose to respect the wine you drink and others around you
Wine should be drunk as part of a healthy and active lifestyle:
- Drink wine with meals
- Alternate wine with water
- Avoid binge drinking
Rules of thumb for low-risk consumption:
- Up to 2 units a day for women
- Up to 3 units a day for men
- No more than 4 units on any occasion
If these limits are exceeded, the risk increases with each glass.
Who should not drink alcohol at all ?
- Children and young people under legal majority age the age of 18
- Women who are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding
- Former alcohol-dependent individuals or those with a family history of alcohol dependence
- Those who are going to drive or who are taking certain types of medication
Find more information on the Wine in Moderation website: